Monday, January 31, 2011

A day at the races.....

It was a different race track than I've ever been to before, a "horse" race track. Our camera club held it's monthly outing and about 25 folks showed up for a day at the track.


I found the experience of photographing horse racing to be very similar to race cars and bikes. But with a lot less sound. If I wasn't paying attention the race would start and a group of horses would come past. Luckily others in the group would yell and worn me to start shooting.


It was very interesting to go into the paddock area and watch the jockies prepare and mount their horses.




It was a great day getting to know some of the club members as well as getting to spend a day shooting photo's.

Warm up action.






 The paddock area.
 Practicing my panning... still needs work.








 Coming out of the gate.

Heading into the first turn.






Home stretch.

 Hope you didn't loose your bet.

Thanks for looking
Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment